8.08.2013

Sparkly Snowflake Soiree



Oh my sparkles!  I do love things that glitter, sparkle and shine like the icy snow.  Especially when we are dealing with a dry, warm summer.  Today I am showing you the design team card I made on a Hot day in July.   I was working on the Inspiration Nation Challenge cards over at StampNation.  Each week there is a different photo that we are to use as inspiration.  I must have been thinking Christmas in July because I ended up making a Christmas card.


SN IN Week2

Mostly I just wanted to a blue and white card with lots of shimmer and sparkle and light.  I think I achieved that with my card.



Below is the video showing you how I made the focal piece.  In the video I cover how to emboss, cut out the framelits and how I added the Dazzling Diamonds 
***NOTE- If you are not on my blog you may not be able to view the video.  Simply click on this post title "Sparkly..." above and it should take you directly to this blog post.  :)



I have another video to show you on how I made the "Believe" tag, but I will save that for another day because I still need to edit that one. 

EDITED TO ADD:  The second video can be found in this post:  CLICKY

For now I will show you a close-up.  The finishing touches were some snowflake stickers I had leftover from one of my Snow Day scrapbook pages.

 
This was a fun card to make.  I enjoy sponging my own background and I think most any card is better with some sparkle.   It's not a card I would make to send to everyone on my Christmas Card list, but it is well worth making for some special people on that list.  :)   What kind of Christmas cards do you like to make?  What would you like to see me demonstrate?  Let me know in the comments and I will try to make up a card for you!


Creative Blessings,
Heather North

P.S.  In the video I mention that the stamp set, Snowflake Soiree, is still available.  To find it in my online store you will click on "Stamps" then click on "Online Only" and it will show you the stamp sets that are still available, but not in the catalog.  OR you can just click the link below.  :)


Snowflake Soiree Clear-Mount Stamp Set
Snowflake Soiree

White Stampin' Emboss Powder
White Embossing Powder


Labels Collection Framelits Dies
Labels Framelits

Heat Tool
Heat Tool

Versamark Pad
Versamark Ink Pad


Dazzling Diamonds Stampin' Glitter
Dazzling Diamonds Glitter



No comments: